What is the AMA?
The Association of Mining Analysts (AMA) is a non-profit organisation representing the broad mining community. Its remit is to organise presentations and seminars on mining focused companies and sector related issues, with the aim of promoting better understanding of the mining industry and its activities to the wider investment community. Its members are drawn from:
- Specialist mining investment funds
- Investment banks and stockbrokers
- London Metal Exchange members
- Technical consultancy firms
- Academic community
- Mining companies
- Commodity research companies
- Metals/mining associations
- Mining press and public relations
- Other professionals involved in the minerals industry
The AMA aims to organise regular presentations, seminars and master classes each for our members, which include senior company and/or industry representatives. All AMA hosted and sponsored events allow further opportunities to talk to the speaker(s) in an intimate environment. These events, which are mainly held at various locations in the City of London, are usually sponsored by the presenting company/organisation. In addition to regular professional events the AMA hosts and supports a range of informal range of networking opportunities within London.